Starting on February 18th, immigrants can begin submitting applications for the new, more inclusive DACA. Under the updated DACA, there is no age cap on applying for Deferred Action.
Additionally, individuals approved under DACA will gain three years of peace from deportation (rather than the previous 2 years) and work authorization.
The minimum requirements include:
- Were less than 16 years old when they immigrated to the United States
- Have lived in the US from January 1, 2010 up until now
- Were present in the US as undocumented immigrants on June 15, 2012 (the announcement of the initial DACA)
- Are students, have already graduated or received GEDs, or are US veterans
- Have no criminal record (without felony or certain misdemeanor convictions)
For assistance with your DACA application, contact Susan Rosti Esq. at 973.883.5977, or by email using our Contact Form.